POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modify already created object : Re: Modify already created object Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:42:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify already created object
From: bublible
Date: 29 Aug 2014 16:50:01
Message: <web.5400e71eaf00b5afb91df8500@news.povray.org>
> Am 29.08.2014 16:21, schrieb bublible:
>
> > BTW some other question: how can I access some array values? I mean vector
> > values like ldd_camera_position variable consists of 3 values of x, y and z. Now
> > how can I access them individually? I come from FLASH ActioScript2 scene and
> > there you would do it easily like "ldd_camera_position[x]" where "x" is the
> > index number beginning with 0...so how it is made in PovRay, please?
>
> You can access the components of some vector MyVector as follows:
>
>    MyVector.x
>    MyVector.y
>    MyVector.z

Thanx a lot.

Another problem: I am not able find pattern that would do "radial gradient",
that is circle blending (normal gradient transform linear on x or y axis). I was
trying: onion, planar, wood...with all there is one big problem: I need to apply
it to polygon (simple square) STARTING FROM THE CENTER, but all those patterns
starting from a corner??? Being webdesigner I never saw anything like that cos
when I apply circle/radial gradient those are centric circles, not ones having
their center in a corner. I was trying to transalte its center but it did not do
what I was expecting...please, help again my friend if you can. :(