POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Caterpiller 797B : Re: Caterpiller 797B Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caterpiller 797B
From: jhu
Date: 28 Aug 2014 18:15:01
Message: <web.53ffa97e2008b09cd19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Thank you!
> Very well!
> I want to learn duration of a render: in Cycles and in Povray
> I don't love Cycles, it isn't capable to work with animation because of a render
> of a frame 24 hours

In Cycles, it's about 3 hours 45 minutes.

At this point, it's kind of a pain in the ass to convert the material
definitions over to Povray once I made the Cycles render, so it may be while
before I even get to it with the same scene. Currently working on TC RTC entry
that I hope will be spectacular (can't wait to see what s day and mcgregor come
up with).