POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... : Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... Server Time
16 May 2024 05:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color....
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Aug 2014 16:55:01
Message: <web.53ff9703f238671d5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> You may need to rotate the pattern by 90 degrees about the y axis.

No, that's not it.  I have the orientation of the brick pattern and the wall
face correct, since I had to make sure that was the case because I have
perpendicular walls, and the pattern had to be rotated for those.

When I comment out the normal section, I get back my bland but correctly
patterned cinder blocks.  It's rendered at +q9, so it's not one of those
low-quality effects that freak me out sometimes.