POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT settings/issue : Re: SSLT settings/issue Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT settings/issue
From: Mr
Date: 25 Aug 2014 05:00:01
Message: <web.53faf9343a9a471916086ed00@news.povray.org>
> Any effect that can be achieved by tweaking mm_per_unit can also be
> achieved by tweaking the materials' translucency.

This is great piece of information. should'nt it be added to the documentation,
right after "The translucency color, which can alternatively be a float,
determines the strength of the subsurface light transport effect."

So that people don't break the physical accuracy of their whole scenes whenever
tweaking to compensate isolated anomalies on a per object or per texture basis?

(I don't have editing rights on that page of the documentation wiki)

As a sidenote, this could help me to better export Blender's  SSS "scale"
parameter wich is per material also, as a factor of the pov translucency color I
guess.

Sorry for going off topic and thanks for your constant bug hunting.