POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter : Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:52:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter
From: andrew
Date: 17 Aug 2014 06:30:01
Message: <web.53f083c8c085f3de186606410@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 17/08/2014 07:14, andrew wrote:
> Sorry Andrew,
> I've not done it yet. :-(
NP :)

> A question.
> After looking at your website. I think that a simplified model would fit
> in better.
> Do you agree? (You can say no.)
Hmmmm, thinking...

That was nice.
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.4aee3b76b57c8bb34726e92b0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.4ae
e3b76b57c8bb34726e92b0%40news.povray.org%3E

> If yes, I will upload it to povray.binaries.scene-files on this server.
>
> If no, Tell me what you want in detail.

Something like this, with the grid before the digits 0-9 and the background
sheet according to the numbers. But with some sparkle / reflection to the
digits, only within the tube. The background of the image I can then adjust
itself and the colors of the numbers.
That would be my wish. Great if that were possible.

Otherwise, it can also be a round Nixie from above, is a different type and
would probably be easy to make !?

Can you post a photo once in Binary?

My images, ie 11 digits, have a width of 11,000 pixels.
The original designed image is then reduced by up to 3000px 550px, depending on
the application. A tube would thus be about 1000 pixels wide.

There's no hurry, thanks for the work.

Cheers Andrew