POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter : Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:04:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Aug 2014 13:45:01
Message: <web.53eba390c085f3dedc550f400@news.povray.org>
"andrew" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > On 13/08/2014 07:56, andrew wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > how cani download a nixie tube pov file?
> > > Is there a free download available?
> > >
> > > I will make a backgroung nixie tube for painting numbers on it whit photoshop to
> > > create a Counter Image for my Freeware plugin.
> > >
> > > I'm a newbee on pov-ray.
> > > Thanks for help
> > >

> > Maybe I can help. A while ago I downloaded a Blender model* of a Nixie
> > Tube to recreate a digital clock I made, back in the mists of time.
> > (Nixie Tubes and TTL chips.)
> > With a little more work I could create a PovRay include file for you to
> > use. I should mention that it is a mesh and much larger than the Pov
> > code that Robert would use.
> >

> > * It was created by BlenderB under the Creative Commons license. So
> > credit must be given.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >      Stephen
>
> Thank you.
> But i have no credits for this.
> When i have credit then wouldn buy an Image.
> I work on Freeware-Software and this have enough cost and i want no more.
>
> Nice week.
> Cheers

I think we have a misunderstanding here. Something may be lost in translation.
In case of a CC (Creative Commons)-licence, credit means to mention the original
author you derived your work from usually, if you will publish your work. There
are several CC-licences (e.g.
CC Zero means that you must not even give the name of the original artist). But
you have not to pay money, you must only name the people who have "helped" you
by providing you with models you use. BTW, where are you from?

Best regards,
Michael