POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why do tabs "update"? : Why do tabs "update"? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Why do tabs "update"?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Aug 2014 10:30:01
Message: <web.53eb762755e433e5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'll often have way more than the recommended number of tabs open in (one of) my
browser(s).  I notice that news.povray.org tabs do the little update "spin", but
it doesn't appear that the threads or posts get updated - I have to hit the
"reload tab" button on my browser to get it to _actually_ update.

So - what exactly is the page doing and why?