POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Having trouble with cone shape macro : Re: Having trouble with cone shape macro Server Time
8 Jun 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having trouble with cone shape macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2014 17:15:01
Message: <web.53dea544c55553b55e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Owen" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a macro that joins two pre-defined tori together using a
> cone, where the cone joins the tori at the appropriate tangents to create a
> smooth finish,

If you just want to connect the tangents, you could look at the
belt/chain/pulley problem and use the minor radii of the two tori to solve for
the linear portion of the belt.  That would give you the _exact_ "2" tangent
points of the tori and the cone.

I posted ALL the math in the binary images section not too long ago.

Hope that helps.