POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with spline & sphere_sweep : Re: Help with spline & sphere_sweep Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:32:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with spline & sphere_sweep
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2014 15:40:00
Message: <web.53de8f3d9e0d00ba5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>To compensate, you'd need to have some other splines running the length of
> the blade according to the desired curvature and use smooth triangles.
> Have two sets of such splines, one for the front and one for the back of
> the propeller so the blades have the desired thickness.

> Alain

I follow you.  Luckily, I'm halfway there already - I thought about doing a
feather-type fill, and so I varied my starting point from hub-toward tip-and
back.

I just haven't tested that method with the triangles yet.  I'll have to read up
some on triangles vs smooth_triangles, and add that little bit of curve to the
central rib.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'propeller2_fixed_vein.png' (136 KB)

Preview of image 'propeller2_fixed_vein.png'
propeller2_fixed_vein.png