POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with spline & sphere_sweep : Re: Help with spline & sphere_sweep Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:57:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with spline & sphere_sweep
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Aug 2014 14:00:01
Message: <web.53dd26749e0d00ba5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I fixed the problem - my spline was out-of-whack, which is why it wasn't lining
up with the sphere sweep, and producing all sorts of weird results.

I thought that using triangles would be faster than cylinders - but it's slower?

The other thing that I noticed is that using triangles with a small loop step
made the SKY render slower.  I'm not sure why that would be.

Anyway, after much plotting and puzzling, and backtracing, I fixed it up and I
think it looks pretty good.

Shown with the propeller are the coordinates of the spline and the scaled trig
functions I use to curve around the hub.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'propeller2_dragonfly.png' (133 KB)

Preview of image 'propeller2_dragonfly.png'
propeller2_dragonfly.png