POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Complicated texturing problem : Re: Complicated texturing problem Server Time
2 May 2024 07:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated texturing problem
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Jul 2014 18:50:01
Message: <web.53cd97fbfdaafbaa5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Note that you /can/ specify objects without any texture at all;

Right, I've played with that a bit.

> if you
> use such objects in CSG, they will "inherit" the texture of the union
> (or merge, difference, intersection) you put them in, rather than the
> default texture.

Indeed.  I don't know how the back end of things works, but it would be useful
to be able to reset to the default texture or override the existing texture.
I'm sure there are things firmly rooted in the basic code structure of how it
all works that might make that difficult to implement.  I don't know how hard it
would be to slip in a no_texture flag that would trigger a new instantiation of
the object and cause any defined textures to be ignored...