POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : parametric function error : Re: parametric function error Server Time
5 May 2024 15:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parametric function error
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Jul 2014 17:55:01
Message: <web.53cc39f025ca5e895e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Look at the messages after the render. Does it say anything about
> max_gradient?

Nope.
But it did helpfully tell me what I might need to solve the issue:

Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage

Parametric                       96390               0      0.00
Parametric Bound                245308           96390     39.29
Bounding Box                    571708          490616     85.82

> Did you actualy /place/ your Apple object?
> Add:
> object{Apple pigment{rgb<1,0,0>}}
> To your scene.

Yep!
I did manage to do that.  I even had the computer plugged in when running the
render.   :D   Yay for me!!!
 object {Apple scale 10 texture {pigment {color Red}}}

(I thought maybe I just couldn't see it, so I kept scaling it up, and stopped at
10)   So, bigger bounded_by, and smaller scale - to keep the render time down?