POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soccer Saturn : Re: Soccer Saturn Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soccer Saturn
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 19 Jul 2014 12:45:01
Message: <web.53ca9f6377600b94192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Maybe they could have taken a trick from Australia and called it Yankie
> Rules

When writing for an international audience, I use "American football," or
sometimes "American rules football" if Australians are in the room.  Or
"handegg" if I'm feeling snarky.

But the general attitude in the USA is that we are the standard and the rest of
the world is a deviation.  And unlike other cultures that hold the same
attitude, we have the military industrial complex to back it up.