POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Create organic creatures : Re: Create organic creatures Server Time
3 May 2024 20:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Create organic creatures
From: MichaelJF
Date: 26 Jun 2014 15:25:01
Message: <web.53ac73547d8fd05922ca5f7c0@news.povray.org>
> On 25-6-2014 0:00, Stephen wrote:
> > On 24/06/2014 3:33 PM, Altair wrote:
> >> Hello everybody
> >>
> >> I just installed the 3.7 povray version in Linux Debian and I have a
> >> question:
> >> how I can create any organic creature (human, dog, cat, etc) and
> >> export it to
> >> povray?.
> >>
> >> I see Blender, Wings3D and K3d, but I am not sure if this is the way.
> >>

> > You really need a program like Poser or Daz 3D.
> >
> > Daz 3D is free.
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > http://www.daz3d.com/
> >

> Blender or Wings3D are great for creating any creature. Export to an obj
> file and convert to POV-Ray using Poseray (also free).
>
> However, if you want to create from scratch /within/ POV-Ray, try
> blobs{}. Sean Day has recently created a very believable ant using
> those. See in povray.binaries.images under the title SSLT settings/issue.
>
> Thomas

For human figures you should consider MakeHuman. Export the figures to Blender
(there is a Special MHX-Blender-Excanchge-Format), pose them in Blender (Need a
bit to get used to), export them to obj and then convert them, with PoseRay to
POV. A Long chain of work of course, but using only free Software.

If you are rich, you can buy Poser and still have to go the way over obj and

If you have Money you can buy all of this, if not, you will search Long within
the free stuff to find something acceptable. If you will depict naked or nearly
naked women you will find rich Support within the community.

Best regards,
Michael

Best regards,
Michael