POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Separate shadow and object layers : Separate shadow and object layers Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:03:53 EDT (-0400)
  Separate shadow and object layers
From: posfan12
Date: 25 Jun 2014 11:20:00
Message: <web.53aae7fedd599cbe186582ab0@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an orthographic scene for a video game. I would like there to be
separate object and shadow layers. I.e. one image for all the objects in the
scene, minus shadows, and another image with shadows only. What is the best way
of going about doing this?

Right now I have one scene where all the objects are painted white and shadows
are turned on, and a second scene with all the objects painted normally but
shadows turned off. Is this the best way?

Mike