POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 300 materials collection : 300 materials collection Server Time
4 May 2024 11:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  300 materials collection
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 15 Jun 2014 02:35:02
Message: <web.539d3cf18c7b994261964afc0@news.povray.org>
Wanting to learn from nice published materials, I set up a test file with
some equally nice povray objects containing CSG, mesh, blob, isosurface,
heightfield, julia, sphere sweep and superellipsoid objects to get sharp and
round edges, large flat areas and tiny details.

The materials are from everywhere (Newsgroups, IRTC, web and some own) and
resemble e.g. metals, varnishes, stones, ceramics, natural, technical and fun
materials. Beside "solid" materials I collected different SSLT, media effects or
proximity patterns.

I took care to cite the source whenever possible, but I took freedom in changing
the material including changed colors, finishes or maps, adding normals or
changed patterns (e.g. gradient, planar or wood).

I learned very much from this exercise and here I show 20 examples and I think,
some will be recognized at once.

What do you think, should such a collection be published?

Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'materials_test.jpg' (2128 KB)