POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? : Re: how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function?
From: JimT
Date: 13 Jun 2014 09:00:01
Message: <web.539af54735ccce6fbe7517870@news.povray.org>

> In the rendered plot, we can see through the object and see multiple surfaces.
> Can we make the iosurface into a solid object? I mean can we plot the out most
> surface only?

As Alain says, unless you make the object transparent in some way, you are
seeing only the outer surface. The statement

pigment{Red}

uses a simple solid red colour.

If you are asking to get rid of the central 'disk' which comes from a negative
value for r in the polar plot, you can use

function { pow(x*x+y*y+z*z,3/2)-(3*x*x-y*y-z*z)}

in the isosurface block. This renders slightly quicker.

Thanks,

JimT