POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Magic Ring : Re: Twisted Magic Ring Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:05:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisted Magic Ring
From: Eriban
Date: 4 Jun 2014 16:20:01
Message: <web.538f7e75405a4a502a35ae760@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> But thinking on it. The two images are, to me, high up on either side of
> the uncanny valley. To combine them would drop them to the depths.

That wouldn't be good. So better leave them both as is. ;-)

> Thank you but I don't know how good it would look on a laptop. Aspect
> ratio is 16:9. The composition might be difficult. But that is, as they
> say, a challenge. ;-)

Attached an updated version which you could use as a wallpaper. You may notice
that I took the easy way out with respect to the composition. That, however, was
not just laziness. I actually thinks the large background helps to make the ring
"pop out". Furthermore, this way it will not be immediately covered when you
have a few icons on your desktop.

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'magering-1920x1200.jpg' (159 KB)

Preview of image 'magering-1920x1200.jpg'
magering-1920x1200.jpg