POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? : how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function?
From: xslittlegrass
Date: 2 Jun 2014 18:10:01
Message: <web.538cf5fb7c057d0c1e36f4d20@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to create a revolution plot directly from a parametric function?

For example, I have a 2d parametric function

x[u]=Cos[u]*(1 + 2 Cos[2 u])
y[u]=Sin[u]*(1+2Cos[2 u])

and the function looks like this when plot of u from 0 to pi

http://imgur.com/nfEAOs8

how can we rotate it around the x axis and make it into a revolution plot like
this

http://imgur.com/7MWbnT2

Thanks for the help in advance.