POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Magic Ring : Re: Twisted Magic Ring Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:47:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisted Magic Ring
From: Eriban
Date: 2 Jun 2014 17:05:01
Message: <web.538ce605405a4a502a35ae760@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Without a doubt I prefer this one.
> The gear would be improved by giving it more detail (smaller and more
> teeth, a worm gear. If that were possible.).
> The engraved script makes it very believable to my eye.
> I would not mind a larger one for wallpaper.

Hi Stephen,

I also prefer this one because of the extra detail. Nevertheless, I don't
actually plan to change my gear image. For one, currently both images are still
fairly distinct, which I like. Furthermore, it's not easy to improve the teeth
without putting too much focus on the fact that they do "jump" from one side to
another. The distance between the teeth prevents it from becoming too
noticeable.

I might render a larger one for use as a wallpaper. If so, what size would you
require?

Cheers,
Erwin