POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : snub cuboctahedra : Re: snub cuboctahedra Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snub cuboctahedra
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 31 May 2014 12:40:01
Message: <web.538a057467982b1896a5050@news.povray.org>
> Your post led me to look anew at OpenSCAD.
[snip]

I honestly haven't explored OpenSCAD thoroughly yet. It was very useful in
providing a CSG 'merge' that could then be triangulated, but I've not really
looked at its other features. OpenSCAD is very slow, however. I've already
produced STL files for all the archimedean solids, and some of them took upwards
of 4 hours to be calculated (admittedly not on a particularly fast CPU).

> Ah, for more free time. If only I had a great many, extra large, gold
> printed Archimedean solids on which to retire...

You are hinting very heavily, but I regret that my disposable funds will not
stretch that far, even if my generosity did :)

> The other Bill P.

Always makes me smile