POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : snub cuboctahedra : snub cuboctahedra Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:59:57 EDT (-0400)
  snub cuboctahedra
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 30 May 2014 18:25:01
Message: <web.5389041ac2563c251896a5050@news.povray.org>
Greetings all

Not posted much for a while, though I've been lurking. Here's a little something
of interest.

On the left, a snub cuboctahedron skeleton rendered with radiosity and focal
blur. On the right, a snub cuboctahedron skeleton output as an OpenSCAD script
using a slightly modified version of the same macro, then rendered with OpenSCAD
to an STL file, then 3D printed in stainless steel by Shapeways.com. The coin is
a UK 5p for scale (the model is about 1 inch across).

This started as an experiment to see if I could use POV-Ray to produce printable
models, but I'm so pleased with it that I'm going to make a whole collection -
starting with the rest of the Archimedean solids :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'snub_cubes.jpg' (122 KB)