POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Peeling paint texture : Re: Peeling paint texture Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Peeling paint texture
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 23 May 2014 15:05:01
Message: <web.537f9b26606e4229192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 23/05/14 19:11, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> For a new scene, I have been working on a peeling paint texture. What do
> >> you think?
> >
> > The cracking looks great.  It doesn't look like it's peeling, though.  (PeelED,
> > yes; peelING, no.)
> >

> So, improve it. Thomas has given us a starting position.
>
> Don't criticise, improve

Thomas asked us what we think; what was I supposed to say?  In order to improve,
one must know what to improve.  But the way I saw it, this is Thomas's texture,
and I was leaving it up to him to carry it in whatever direction he desires.

Racking my brain a bit, I recalled the cracked mud in "Age of Innocence"
(Cathy's World).  Perhaps the peeling effect in that texture can somehow be
merged with the cracked paint texture.