POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File I/O : Re: File I/O Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:06:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File I/O
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Apr 2014 22:20:01
Message: <web.53508a8983082089c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"pbrants" <pbr### [at] telenetbe> wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> > You closed Myfile, but opened MyFile. Typo! (Camel vs Pascal)
>
> Sorry, it was a typo indeed, but it gives the same error with the typo
> corrected!
>
> Paul

> Sorry again, it was a typo in the original program, all works OK now!

I didn't see that typo for about half an hour(!), while playing with your code.
Prior to noticing it, I was trying everything under the Sun-- eventually
re-writing your code verbatim. I was just getting ready to post the same
'solution.' ;-)

BTW, the #write and #read blocks can have *different* 'file handle identifiers'
and still work OK (I've never seen any problems when doing so.)

#fopen ABC "niks.txt" write
#write(ABC, ... )
#fclose ABC

#fopen XYZ "niks.txt" read