POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : luminance output : Re: luminance output Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: luminance output
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Apr 2014 14:15:01
Message: <web.535019bfc34aaa77f1b07a8f0@news.povray.org>
"CAS" <sup### [at] cstnetcn> wrote:
> I have another confusion:I have known the value of solar irradiance(w/m^2) from
> 200nm-2200nm,how can I set the solar irradiance in pov?

It is not exactly clear what you are trying to do, but my best guess would be
that you are trying to match POV-Ray output with some physical measurements that
you got somewhere. That is something POV-Ray light models (or that of most
general purpose 3D programs) are not designed to do. You may get much better
results using Radiance (http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/HOME.html) or
special-purpose wave-model based ray-tracers.

Thorsten