POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dark appearance of uploaded .png images : Re: dark appearance of uploaded .png images Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:38:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dark appearance of uploaded .png images
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Apr 2014 23:10:01
Message: <web.53475cbecd1600bc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
FractRacer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>   The image seems normal, it is like povray has rendered, it is a night
> scene with a shining star...
> Is, for you, the center of the star white? And the trees dark? If yes,
> all is right.

Yes, that's how it appears to me. The thing that made me question your image's
appearance (on my system) is that I thought I was missing the 'details' of the
image. I took it into Photoshop and used 'levels' to brighten it up somewhat,
and was able to see many more details-- which is what I thought everyone else
was seeing ;-)

> Have you seen the image of Kurt Le Pirate: black and white stripes?
> How appear this image on your screen?

That one appears perfectly normal. I didn't think to check if it was a .png
image; I'll take another look.