POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cosmic Hydrozoans : Re: Cosmic Hydrozoans Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:05:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cosmic Hydrozoans
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 7 Apr 2014 17:15:00
Message: <web.534314ec624017d56d4f68260@news.povray.org>
FractRacer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Aliens forms again, nice, maybe add some fine texture or transparence.

Transparency already exists in the objects due to SSLT. ;)

What it comes to the textures, I'm actually having a bigger project at hands in
which these images of mine will be included, thus I'm aiming for certain
consistency in the way everything looks. This is the reason for my aliens and
other renderings as of late to follow the same colors and texture/pigment
settings all the way. =)

Also, generally I'm a lot into minimalism and old scool style graphics in a way
that, instead of actual textures, I prefer just colors or color patterns, and
rather minor modifications for object surfaces as a whole.

> How have you made the background forms, blobs?

It's actually a plane with bozo color pattern. How it then looked like came by
accident after a while playing around with it. Originally I had something very
different in mind, yet got that as a result instead and liked it even more. To
me it resembles a surface or atmopshere of a huge dark planet for the upper part
of the image, and the blackness of space for the lower half. Or something. :D