POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Internal Nesting Limit : Internal Nesting Limit Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  Internal Nesting Limit
From: Sereib
Date: 2 Apr 2014 02:50:01
Message: <web.533bb22160a99e42effb1f90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I know this issue has frequently been discussed, but I would like to understand
the reason with the goal, to adjust my scene:

In a scene with many transparent objects with emitting media such as:

sphere{P, r pigment{rgbt 1} hollow no_shadow interior{media{emission rgb 1}}}

rendering stops with the message:

Internal limit exceeded in FixedSimpleVector
Fatal error in renderer: A POV-Ray internal nesting limit was reached.
Render failed

if

1) the number of objects exceeds a certain number

2) the objects come close to each other and overlap

Changing bounding on/off or max_trace_level does not help.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you!