POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question on End User Licence Versions 3.6 and V3.7 : Question on End User Licence Versions 3.6 and V3.7 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:54:22 EDT (-0400)
  Question on End User Licence Versions 3.6 and V3.7
From: Sereib
Date: 29 Mar 2014 17:30:00
Message: <web.53373b36cdb24f1a23c3c9c10@news.povray.org>
Hello,

in the EUL of the version 3.6 it states:

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, permission is granted
to the User to use the Software and its associated files to create and render
images. The creator of a scene file retains all rights to any scene files
they create, and any images generated by the Software from them. Subject to
the other terms of this license, the User is permitted to use the Software in
a profit-making enterprise, provided such profit arises primarily from use of
the Software and not from distribution of the Software or a work including
the Software in whole or part."

This term is no more part of the licence of version 3.7 (or I've overseen it).
So, would I be no more allowed to (commercially) use images rendered with
version 3.7 ?

Thank you!