POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Struggling to understand diffuse : Struggling to understand diffuse Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:52:30 EDT (-0400)
  Struggling to understand diffuse
From: FNH
Date: 2 Mar 2014 05:10:01
Message: <web.53130302924e72735f52a9c30@news.povray.org>
In the following scene I expect the white sphere to show a hint of red or green
across its surface, thrown up by the nearby objects. Can anyone tell me what
I've misunderstood about diffuse? Is there something that needs to be added to
the sphere's texture?

#version 3.7;
global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }

#include "colors.inc"
camera {/*ultra_wide_angle*/ angle 75      // front view
                            location  <0.2 , 1.7 ,-3.2>
                            right     x*image_width/image_height
                            look_at   <0.3 , 1.0 , 0.0>}
light_source{<-1500,2500,-2500> color White}
light_source{ <-1000, 800, 3000>
              color White
            }

plane { <0,1,0>, 0
        texture { pigment{ color Green} finish { diffuse 1 }
                }
      }

light_source { <-11,103,0>, White}

cylinder{