POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182 : Re: Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:55:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182
From: gregjohn
Date: 26 Feb 2014 12:55:00
Message: <web.530e29851c8a34d3509fa9500@news.povray.org>
I'm not prepared to release the actual scene, but I did start some work on
finding a simpler scene that would make the problem appear.  The code below so
far does NOT invoke the problem with 3.7, but contains the features I wouldda
guessed would be necessary.

// -- begin code to test missing persons

#declare clothtext=texture {pigment{rgb x} finish {ambient rgb 1}}
#declare bluetext= texture {pigment{rgb z} finish {ambient rgb 1}}
#declare sphereobj=    sphere {<0,3,10>,4}

#declare clothtext1=
        texture{
                object{sphereobj
                texture{clothtext}
                texture{bluetext}}
         }

union{
        sphere{<0,3,10>,2.1 texture{clothtext1}}
difference{
        union{
                cylinder{<-4,-4,10>,<4,4,10>,2 texture {clothtext1}}
        blob{
                threshold 0.1
                cylinder{<0,-3,10>,<0,3,10>,2,1 texture {clothtext1}}
                cylinder{<-5,-0,10>,<5,0,10>,2,1 texture {clothtext1}}
                }
        sphere {<0,0,9>,2.}
}
         }