POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien life forms again : Alien life forms again Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:49:39 EDT (-0400)
  Alien life forms again
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 26 Feb 2014 10:50:01
Message: <web.530e0c357f5807a26d4f68260@news.povray.org>
Continuing with my "aliens" again. Nothing particularly new compared to
my previous stuff on the matter, just a new modelling pretty much the same style
as before.

The character consists of 4 separate objects modelled in TopMod, the conversion
from .obj to .pov done in Poseray, and objects combined and the final scene
rendered in POV. The scene once again includes radiosity, area light, very
slight focal blur, SSLT on the character itself and 0.3 AA.

Total render time was around 5 and a half hours.

At this point I'm also revealing that I've been working on a humble sci-fi
themed indie game project for some time already and to which these characters
will be added. The plot is almost finished, only lacking a couple of final
twists, and the 1st version of the actual game engine is also standing ready for
further development. Now I just have to create the rest of the graphics which
will take quite a bit of time. But I'm in no hurry as this is just one of my
many side-projects going on at the moment. =)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lifeform_final_sslt_descr.png' (448 KB)

Preview of image 'lifeform_final_sslt_descr.png'
lifeform_final_sslt_descr.png