POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using Fog for depthcue - broken when behind transparent objects : Re: Using Fog for depthcue - broken when behind transparent objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:54:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Fog for depthcue - broken when behind transparent objects
From: Lothar
Date: 26 Feb 2014 10:40:00
Message: <web.530e09f676632899abef93160@news.povray.org>
Hi,

  looks like it is solved in my "real-life" example. The example with the boxes
and one non-smooth triangle was made up and showed the signs of over
compensation for the reasons you have mentioned. My actual case contains
smooth_triangles with proper normal definition and adding "hollow" solved this
problem right away and the objects behind transparent ones have the proper
amount of depthcuing by fog on it.
Thanks to all, this was rather illuminating and slightly embarrassing for me. I
should have figured it out myself - it only goes to show that I still don't know
the inner workings of povray that well.

Cheers,

   Lothar