POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182 : Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:47:06 EDT (-0400)
  Missing persons bureau: re-open FS#182
From: gregjohn
Date: 25 Feb 2014 07:00:01
Message: <web.530c85bb3b3f3393452adce0@news.povray.org>
The attached file shows two renderings of the exact same povray SDL file, one
with 3.6.2, the other with 3.7.  As you can see, the figures are completely
missing.

The figures are largely composed of one large, multi-component blob, with
different textures from face to "uniform" to "hands". There are CSG operations
to cut away places for eyeballs and the mouth.  Hair, earring, and eye objects
in the CSG are compleletly missing as well.

FS182 makes reference to a texture & CSG problem for blobs, and the beta log
incorrectly lists it as "Fixed or mitigated".

http://bugs.povray.org/task/182

For backwards scene compatibility, I would recommend that this needs to be
re-opened.

If it helps to argue against my use being too-remote an edge case (I once heard
someone say "Povray is not a toy" in response to my work), I have a lot
of time invested in making a large suite of characters with povray in this
fashion. I was just dusting off some of these animatable characters to start
making some game sprites with them.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray_bug_fs_182.png' (277 KB)

Preview of image 'povray_bug_fs_182.png'
povray_bug_fs_182.png