POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser dynamic hair guides spline interpolation : Re: Poser dynamic hair guides spline interpolation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser dynamic hair guides spline interpolation
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 18 Feb 2014 09:00:01
Message: <web.530364cb2f130c1591114470@news.povray.org>
> Interesting! So, to see if I understand correctly, what you are saying
> is that you /only/ use the guide hairs from Poser and
> generate/extrapolate the hairdo from there? No need to use the fully
> populated Poser hair? That is a great approach and probably faster than
> generating sphere_sweeps from /all/ the individual Poser hairs, which
> was the thought I was following until now. Well done!

That's correct Thomas, it allows creation of any number of hairs. In this
example I randomly interpolated between 2, 3 or 4 nearest guides to get
different "layers" of hair. These even more android-like R, G and B tubes are:

Red   - interpolate nearest 2 guides
Green - interpolate nearest 3 guides
Blue  - interpolate nearest 4 guides

Just having fun experimenting with this right now; I see the potential for many
other applications of this basic technique.
www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'poserhairtest_3shell.png' (567 KB)

Preview of image 'poserhairtest_3shell.png'
poserhairtest_3shell.png