POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MATCHMOVING in POV-ray : Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray Server Time
15 May 2024 15:36:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Feb 2014 08:50:00
Message: <web.5303648fd1c8d4afc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>

> >    Well, I was thinking to just use it for the first CG rendering, not
> > for the final composite one... so you wouldn't need to do the
> > undistort-redistort trick.
> >

> YES, that makes more sense; it eliminates some unnecessary steps. Thanks for the
> tip! I should have thought of it myself :-/

So, as I currently understand the mesh camera, what I would need to do is make
an *almost* flat mesh, but with some slight (radial) curvature going out toward
the edges (the amount of curvature 'matching' the lens distortions(s) of my
video camera), then use that mesh *as* the camera for my CG-rendering. Does that
sound logical and correct?

Then the only remaining step is to composite the final images, a simple
procedure!