POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MATCHMOVING in POV-ray : Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray Server Time
1 May 2024 13:07:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Feb 2014 12:05:01
Message: <web.52fe4c1cd1c8d4afc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 00:37:11 +0200, Kenneth <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> This is awesome!

Thanks!

> I wonder how the mobile app FXGuru does the tracking with camera movement.

Hmm, that's new to me; I'll have to look it up. Sounds interesting.

> BTW on this scene - how about using the background photo as a sky_sphere
> so the reflections match the scenery a bit more?

I gave that some thought; but the video image background has such a limited
field of view that I thought it might look strange as a 'spherical' reflection
(i.e., mapped to a sphere.) The problem with using a sky_sphere is that my
police car renders need a transparent background (for compositing later); I
don't *think* a sky_sphere can be made no_image (?). But I could be wrong about
that.

The reflections do need better imagery, though. I also thought of going out in
my driveway and making some stitched-together photos of the surroundings, from
the 'location' of the police car. But my original background movie was made last
Spring, when all the trees etc. were in bloom; now it's winter and the trees are
bare! :-/