POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Resuming option not working in v3.7? : Re: Resuming option not working in v3.7? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:11:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resuming option not working in v3.7?
From: IceflakeCS
Date: 29 Jan 2014 03:25:01
Message: <web.52e8b9f2293e7955617cd76f0@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 28/01/14 21:21, IceflakeCS wrote:
> >> Example 1
> >> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10144729/POVRAY/01.png
> >>
> >> Rendered with radiosity, render time 14+ hours
> >>
> >> Example 2
> >> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10144729/POVRAY/02.png
> >>
> >> Rendered without radiosity, render time about 1.5 minutes.
> >>
> >> It's a big difference between those images, but not 14 hour difference.
> >
> > Forgot to mentioned these were originally rendered in 3840x2160.
> >

> ...which is why they take so long ;-) That's approximately 8.25
> Megapixels. As a rule of thumb, I try not to render anything larger than
> 1 Mp when I'm developing a scene. It's only when I'm happy with it that
> I go large.
>
> BTW Your example was really good. Are you sure you're just a beginner?
>
> John
> --
> Protect the Earth
> It was not given to you by your parents
> You hold it in trust for your children

I was just surprised by the difference in time between the one rendered with
radiosity and the one without :)

And yes, still claim to be just a beginner. Installed Blender during Christmas
holidays, and in the beginning of January I decided to install POV-Ray as well.
This scene hasn't been coded in POV-Ray, that I would never (probably) be able
to do as programming (not even the easy languages) is far from my best quality
:)

But I will have a look into the coding later on, as it seems you can create some
really crazy stuff (abstract 3D) using it.