POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Resuming option not working in v3.7? : Re: Resuming option not working in v3.7? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resuming option not working in v3.7?
From: IceflakeCS
Date: 28 Jan 2014 14:20:00
Message: <web.52e8027c293e7955617cd76f0@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 27/01/14 20:57, IceflakeCS wrote:
> >
> > Fantastic! Michael, and you others, thank you! This is all much clearer to me
> > now. I'm not just new to POV-Ray, but to 3D rendering overall. Trying out
> > different software and renderers at the moment, and I must say POV-Ray gives
> > really nice, characteristic, results.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Lennie
> >

> When you are ready to post them, I am sure we all would like to see some
> of your images - since you seem to have long render times, they must be
> fairly complex.
>
> Welcome to the community.
>
> John
> --
> Protect the Earth
> It was not given to you by your parents
> You hold it in trust for your children

Thank you John.

But really, they are nothing special at all. At the moment I'm just fooling
around with different scenes and settings. The reason they take so long to
render is because of the radiosity function.

Example 1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10144729/POVRAY/01.png

Rendered with radiosity, render time 14+ hours

Example 2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10144729/POVRAY/02.png

Rendered without radiosity, render time about 1.5 minutes.

It's a big difference between those images, but not 14 hour difference.