POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray #read fails with "0" : povray #read fails with "0" Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:47:28 EDT (-0400)
  povray #read fails with "0"
From: gregjohn
Date: 28 Jan 2014 09:50:01
Message: <web.52e7c2a578523e5b37d25c810@news.povray.org>
I was reading a CSV file successfully until povray ran into the next to  last
line below. (There were dozens of lines before it which were read successfully
as well, dozens after of similar format to the last line. )

-0.126,-2.53681E-06,49668.6783795397
-0.108,-2.14271E-06,50403.4610376579
-0.09,-1.77115E-06,50814.442593795
-0.072,-1.42709E-06,50452.3190548599
-0.054,-1.05761E-06,51058.5187356398
-0.036,-6.98572E-07,51533.7001769324
-0.018,-3.47316E-07,51826.0028331548
0,-1.8643E-09,0
0.018,3.49041E-07,51569.8728802634

Error message,
// "huhnomarks2.csv" line 52: Parse Error: Expected 'float, vector, or string
literal', ,  found instead
//  Render failed"

I'm not at all confident I have the code below in a concise or correct solution
to the problem.  I also have read in some doc or wiki that the CSV file quoted
above is not in the correct format.  Just sad that it got this far and then
bombed.

 #fopen MyFile "huhnomarks2.csv" read
 #debug "got to line  7 \n"

 #declare Vee=array[300]
 #declare I2=array[300]
 #declare I3=array[300]
 #declare I4=array[300]

 #declare n=0;
#while(n<300)
 #declare Vee[n]=0;
 #declare I2[n]=0;
 #declare I3[n]=0;
 #declare I4[n]=0;
 #declare n=n+1;
 #end

 #declare JunkText=""

#read(MyFile)
 #read(MyFile)

 #debug "got to line  18 \n"

 //#read(MyFile,JunkText,",")
 #debug "got to line  22 \n"

// #read(MyFile,JunkText,CurveTitle)

   #read (MyFile,Vkeed,Ik2d,Ik3d)

 //#read(MyFile,IsitV,IsitI2,IsitI3,IsitI4)

 #debug "got to line  25 \n"
 #declare n=0;
 #while (defined(MyFile))

   #read (MyFile,Veed,I2d,I3d)