POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob of a Union : Blob of a Union Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:06:40 EDT (-0400)
  Blob of a Union
From: Simulator
Date: 16 Jan 2014 06:30:00
Message: <web.52d7c1e0801d29d5e9d526ea0@news.povray.org>
I use a visualization software that generates pov ray files. I have the
following declared

#declare VertGlyph = object { sphere {<0,0,0>,1} };

#declare vertex_geometry = union
{
#declare vertctr=0;
#while (vertctr < nverts0000)
#declare vertvalue=ptscalars[verts[vertctr][1]];
      object {
        VertGlyph
        scale VertScaleFunction(vertvalue)
        translate pts[verts[vertctr][1]]
      }
#declare vertctr = vertctr+1;
#end
};

Then the geometry is instantiated as
object {
    vertex_geometry
}

vertex_geometry is basically a bunch of spheres that were declared (not shown
here). I want a blob of all these spheres. I tried the blob around the object
within the while loop in the union. And I also tried the blob command at the
instantiation step around vertex_geometry. In both cases I get the error that
"Parse Error: Need at least one component in a blob."
Is there something wrong because "union" is used? How can I achieve a blob of a
bunch of spheres from the above code?