POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Usage of Povray for Raytracing of Radio Wave Propagation : Usage of Povray for Raytracing of Radio Wave Propagation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:54:23 EDT (-0400)
  Usage of Povray for Raytracing of Radio Wave Propagation
From: pfefferk
Date: 16 Jan 2014 02:35:00
Message: <web.52d78aecc904bcaff8726d560@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone!

My field of research makes it necessary to build site-specific propagation
models for indoor wireless communication. Unfortunately - to my knowledge - no
open source raytracing engine currently exists.

Would it be possible to use POV-Ray to predict for example signal strength/delay
for an indoor scenario? If not, what would be necessary to achieve this?

Thank you all for your ideas!

Cheers,
Daniel