POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Strange colors for SpectralRender metals : Re: Strange colors for SpectralRender metals Server Time
9 Jun 2024 01:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange colors for SpectralRender metals
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 3 Jan 2014 11:00:01
Message: <web.52c6dd1d2edc18a6306548240@news.povray.org>
> I wouldn't expect "classic" materials (i.e. defined in terms of an RGB
> colour) to work "out of the box" with SpectralRender. There are
> infinitely many spectra that match any given RGB triplet, and
> SpectralRender needs to resort to wild guessing in order to pick one of
> them.

That's not what I'm doing.  I'm using the spectral definitions of the metals
that are bundled with SpectralRender.  (The only RGB colors in the example are
for the plain gray floor and walls, which I didn't see the need to jump through
hoops just to get a flat spectral curve, and which turned out as expected
anyway.)