POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Maximum gradient reached : Maximum gradient reached Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Maximum gradient reached
From: Louis
Date: 31 Dec 2013 14:25:01
Message: <web.52c318504dd249e1cbe7ea7c0@news.povray.org>
When rendering my scene I get a message:

Shutdown Warning: The maximum gradient found was 2389459.250, but max_gradient
of the isosurface was set to 10000.000. The isosurface may contain holes! Adjust
max_gradient to get a proper rendering of the isosurface.

I have adjusted the max_gradient to 2389459.250 in my scene but the warning
persists. It seems like the maximum is hard-coded at 10000? There are black
spots, or well... actually, most of it is black with a few spots that rendered
with the correct color.

I tried lowering the resolution of my heightfield from a 16-bit jpeg to an 8-bit
png. It helped a little, "The maximum gradient found was 13859817.000". I
would rather retain the high resolution though.

Is there anything I can do to retain the resolution but lower the max_gradient?