POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime) : Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime) Server Time
28 May 2024 21:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Lightsys color matching function (ping Ive, Jaime)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 12 Dec 2013 20:40:01
Message: <web.52aa6456eb68b3eb306548240@news.povray.org>
Oddly enough, I've found myself, a tyro, in the position of requiring a color
matching function (or at least finding it useful).  In particular, I'm trying to
do what macro Emissive2xyz() does, but without the normalization.

CIE.inc has the spline CMF_xyz(), but it isn't documented anywhere, and except
for one test scene, is called only internally.  Is CMF_xyz() a stable feature,
i.e., is it safe for the user to assume that it will be there indefinitely?