POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file : Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file Server Time
5 May 2024 09:57:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file
From: Woody
Date: 12 Dec 2013 13:15:00
Message: <web.52a9fcea710383a882dd1ac40@news.povray.org>
Does this feature even have to wait until POV 4?

I would think it could be something that could be done in POV3.8?

The way I understand this it is akin to a green screen, in which an image is
place d over the original area (green) being replaced.

From what I understand of the way POV works is that for each pixel (let's say
800x600 for easy arithemetics sake) the color of the pixel is obtained, by
calculating the collision, reflection, etc, the path of light passing through
that pixel takes.

Couldn't someone just put into POV some logic that says if the ray "hits" an
object with the scene mapped texture, it "switches" to the mapped scene?

I know that MegaPOV has this feature but it seems to be limited to multiple
viewpoints of a single scene, rather than completely different scenes. The
difference being that the MegaPOV results in the same sky sphere for each
version, where as a scene map could potentially result in different sky spheres.

-Jeff