POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Poet3-D Animation Software : Re: Poet3-D Animation Software Server Time
18 Jul 2024 15:55:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poet3-D Animation Software
From: Mr
Date: 7 Nov 2013 03:10:00
Message: <web.527b49d4567ac729ed29e82f0@news.povray.org>
"Eric Wessels" <ewe### [at] erolscom> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Eric Wessels. I recently released a piece of software, Poet3-D,
> as freeware. It is designed to provide a real-time textured OpenGL playback
> of scenes consisting of articulated figures (humans) and primitives. It is
> designed to be an interactive front-end that exports to Pov-Ray.
>
> Anyway, I'm a college professor and I wrote the package for an Animation
> class I taught this spring. So far, I've recieved 1200+ hits on the site but
> not one e-mail response! I'm currently trying to decide whether to flesh-out
> the GUI and functionality of this alpha software or put it on the garbage
> heap.
>
> If anyone could try it out and give me some info I would appreciate it. The
> URL for the software is http://home.winsocket.com/~dreamsir/p3d.htm
>
> I can be contacted at poe### [at] xoommailcom or ewe### [at] erolscom. I have more
> confidence in the latter e-mail address.
>
> If someone could give me some feedback on the software, I would greatly
> appreciate it.
>
> Sincere thanks,
> Eric

Hi,
Updating the POV-Ray links collection,
I am bumping this old thread because this software's homepage is down and none
of the provided emails work. Eric, In case this newsgroup adress is different,
could you please let us know where to download you POET 3D animation software?

Or if anyone else has it around some harddrive and can provide it?