POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta : Re: Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta Server Time
27 Apr 2024 20:34:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta
From: redmasq
Date: 3 Oct 2013 13:00:00
Message: <web.524da12df055b58a93a12ef30@news.povray.org>
> redmasq wrote:
>
> > The number of threads has recently declined to 101.
>
> That at least makes sense, because at 95% completion there
> should be about 70 to 140 blocks left to render (the exact number
> depends on how many small blocks from the last row are finished).

Of that, I am aware; I was just being verbose for the purposes for the bug
report. The primary point of the bug report was the user interface displaying
that it has been running for 4 billion+ days. Unfortunately I haven't had the
chance to do any work with the 3.7 source code and I don't have a copy of VS2010
to do anything useful with it (assuming the problem is in UI rather than a
misreport from the back-end). The problem hasn't had any real negative effect on
me, but it none-the-less a bug so I thought I'd report it incase it can be fixed
prior to coming out of beta. On the off-chance I'm able to reproduce it again,
I'll provide more information. Unfortunately, with my work schedule, I don't
think I will have the time to attempt a patch, which is why I'm experimenting
with large renders (that virtually take care of themselves, like a bonsai)
rather than polishing my modelling or lighting skills.