POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed Problem / Question : Speed Problem / Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  Speed Problem / Question
From: Sereib
Date: 25 Sep 2013 11:10:01
Message: <web.5242fc6eee2e66081fba8a750@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have scene with some plants (many triangles) on the ground, and clouds (a
stretched box with scattering media) in the sky.

The plants alone render very fast (> 10.000 pps), and clouds alone also.
However, if I put both elements to the scene, rendering becomes very slow (< 200
pps).

I tried putting both elements in two different light_groups, such as:

light_group{ light_source{ L1} object{Plants}}

light_group{ light_source{ L2 } object{Clouds}}

but this did not help. I might add, that the lower border of the cloud-box is
much higher than the upper border of the plants. Adding "no_shadow" to both,
plants and clouds, also does not help. Photons and radiosity are also switched
off for this scene.

Any idea what's the reason for this slow-down, and what would help? To my
opinion, there should be no interaction of both, plants and clouds, during
rendering.

Thank you!