POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2 : Re: Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2 Server Time
12 Jun 2024 23:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with df3 generation with makecloud2
From: MichaelJF
Date: 25 Sep 2013 06:35:01
Message: <web.5242bba76b6ec9353c9beab40@news.povray.org>

> Hmmm, no. Strange indeed. It would suggest a remaining hole somewhere...
> Have you checked the normal orientation of the faces in the original
> mesh? If some are switched that may lead to strange results maybe.
>
> Have you tried to put all the objects into one single mesh? Might be
> worth the test. In my own ghost, the eye balls are part of the mesh for
> simplicity's sake. Of course, then I cannot colour them separately in
> another df3.
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas!

Indeed I had "holes". MeshLab indicated no holes, but introduced default
additional textures for the holes it has closed. PoseRay breaks the meshes by
materials, so I had a union of several meshes (only three with the eyes). In
many cases this is not a problem, but only one seems to be allowed for the
object-pattern used by makecloud. After having removed the additional materials
and exported the mesh with PoseRay again resulting in one group, the problem was
gone.

The black screens at the higher frame_numbers after a restart of the animation
are still a riddle, but who cares now? Most likely the parsing is a bit
different with animations.

And yes I'd like to have a different media to the eyes.

Best regards,
Michael